Instagram is one of the leading social media platforms. Especially the Story feature is popular. But how can you put multiple pictures on an Instagram story?
When sharing multiple images in your story, you have two different options. You can either add multiple photos in one story, which are then divided into different story posts, or you share several images directly in one post using external apps and features, such as the “layout” app, the “multiple” feature, and the “copy and paste” feature.
Below you will find the steps on how to put multiple pictures on your Instagram story on an Android and iPhone.
1. Add Multiple Photos to One Instagram Story
Engaging with your followers on Instagram is vital to growing your audience, but it can also be time-consuming. To plan your posts, you can automate and schedule your posts and stories in advance. This can save you a lot of time. You can also share multiple images at once, even without an external app. You can add background stories, create an aesthetic Instagram story, or even create photo collages through the following methods below.
Share Multiple Photos in One Instagram Story on iPhone with Photo Sticker
The “Photo Sticker” is a developmental feature on Instagram stories, in which social media users can add multiple photos in one Instagram story. But firstly, let’s take a look at how to add multiple photos to your Instagram story on your iPhone:
- Open the story on Instagram, upload a background photo, or select a background color.
- Tap the “Sticker” button located right at the top of your screen.
- Press on the “Photo” sticker, which will enable you to add multiple photos to your Instagram story.
- Select a photo you want to add from your gallery. Once you are here, you realize you are only able to add one photo at a time.
- Tap the photo in question to change its design. Then, Instagram will automatically recreate your photo with round corners. However, if you are not satisfied with the features of rounded corners, choose the photo, and the corners will turn to square ones.
Resizing the photos: When deep in the process to add multiple photos on the Instagram story, you can do the resizing of a photo by using the “zoom” feature, which includes using the in and out motion with your fingers on the photo to resize it and fix it wherever you want on your device’s screen.
In the video below, you will see how you can easily resize your images to fit Instagram:
You’re good to go! Once you master this trick, you can repeat these steps whenever you want to do something similar and then upload multiple images to your Instagram stories.
Share Several Photos in One Instagram Story on Android
Android users will need to download an app that allows adding customized Sticker Photos to their stories.
- Download “Swiftkey Keyboard” app and activate the steps on your phone
- Take screenshots of the photos you want to add to your Instagram story
- After taking the screenshots, you can open your Story on the Instagram app.
- You’ll then have 2 choices: a. Select and upload a background photo or b. Change the background color of your story
- Go to the “Text” option and tap the “aA” at the top of your screen.
- Click on the button that shows “Sticker.”
- Press on the “pin” button
- Click on the “camera” button on the top right corner to add a photo.
- Select your photo and add it to your story.
2. Use Instagram’s ‘Layout’ feature in Your Stories
With a collage app, you can add multiple photos to Instagram. The Instagram app has created ‘Layout’ to help do that if you do not patronize the collage app. The ‘Layout’ can be downloaded on both Android and iPhone.
Steps to Using the Layout App
- Download the app on your Android or iPhone device.
- Open the Layout app. After opening, ensure the Layout app is an updated version to avoid difficulties in using it.
- Select the images you want to include.
- Select the layout and manipulate or exploit the area your photos are within the app once you have selected a template. Still, on the path to adding multiple photos to Instagram story, try to drag and drop the pictures you have selected within the collage layout. If you decide on a different layout type or change the pictures, you will have to start repeatedly.
- After you are done with that, click on “Save.” Afterward, your camera roll, with the perfect camera oil, will feature the collage, which can be used to add multiple photos to Instagram story.
3. Use the “select Multiple/upload Multiple” Feature to Add Multiple Images to Instagram
However, I have discovered that many Instagram users prefer to allow each photo to appear as one on their Instagram stories. Well, to post multiple photos to Instagram story is easier than I thought. These are the steps:
- When you open the Instagram app, click on the camera symbol.
- Choose the most recent photo on your device.
- Find the “SELECT MULTIPLE” button and select multiple photos.
- Select the pictures you prefer to see on your Instagram story so you can add multiple images to it. TIP: If you want to use any photo for content, you can “Favorite” to easily refer to them whenever needed to add multiple photos in the future.
- Tap the “Next” icon and ensure the posts’ modification.
- Share the post on your story by tapping “NEXT.”
4. Add Multiple Photos to Instagram Story via the “copy & Paste” Feature
Social Media will always be an avenue to advance one’s course, especially business owners, as it will help you with SEO (Search Engine Optimization). With the “Copy + Paste” feature, you can systematically add multiple photos to Instagram stories.
- Open the “Photos” app on your device and choose an image you want to add to your story.
- Click on the image options and copy the photo.
- Open your Instagram stories on the app and select ‘create a new story.’ You will then see a sticker indicating “add to the story.” Click on it to add the image you copied to your story. Meanwhile, you can also click on the text tool and paste it manually.
- Re-do the steps shown above to add multiple photos to an Instagram story.
- Tap “Your Story” to post it to your story.